Monday, July 19, 2010

training for the road

In my planning, I have realized I'll be sleeping in a number of places that aren't my bed at home. This could mean a tent in the woods, a friend's couch, the back of my car or the driver's seat while doing 75 on I-90, etc... As fate would have it, when I went to visit my brother and sister this weekend, I discovered a recent addition to their home; a hammock. Outdoors. So after a long days work of hanging out, eating fresh veggies from their wonderful garden and watching Zombieland in the outdoor theater we built on their porch, I took it upon myself to do some self-testing/preparation and slept two nights outside in the aforementioned hammock. While it wasn't the most comfortable sleep I've ever had, it also wasn't the worst. What's odd is that 24 hrs later it still feels like I'm in one whenever I sit down.

No comments:

Post a Comment